This role is key to the success of our main annual event. Previous experience of event management is recommended and a significant time commitment. You are responsible for communicating with the licensing and event teams at the City Council prior to the event, the site layout and facilities, and ensure the safe running of the event in accordance with the HSE purple event guidelines.
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What will I be doing?
- Ensuring that the legal and health & safety requirements for the Oxford Pride Parade Day are met, including coordinating first aid support (in liaison with the Directors).
- Being the representative of Oxford Pride for the relevant local authorities, to provide event information, risk assessments, road closure information, etc.
- Working with the Parade, Marketplace, and Accessibility Officers to establish the parade route and stall layout on the main and community stage sites, and make appropriate operational plans.
- Working with the Entertainment and Accessibility Officers to establish backstage requirements for the main and community stages.
- Applying for the Public Entertainments Licence (or equivalent) and acting as the named person on the licence, thereby having overall responsibility for the event site, including the set up and take down of stages and stalls.
- Managing security for the Parade Day by appointing Senior Steward(s), and organising a volunteer stewarding team for the day.
What do I need?
Ability to work to strict tight deadlines, communicate effectively, working on your own and manage a small team. Previous event management experience and knowledge of event HSE rules & regulations is essential.
Knowledge of Premises, Food Trader, Street Parties and Alcohol Licensing is desirable but not required.
Please be advised that this role does become near to a full-time role in the 2 weeks leading up to the main annual event, this is due to the sheer volume of the workload and final meetings required with external parties including Oxford City Council SAG. It is important you are able to commit to this.
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
If you are applying for a role, please come to our meeting and tell us why you believe that this is the role for you - we'd love to hear from you!