Oxford Pride is much more than just a day and we need someone who can help organise events throughout the year, finishing with our well-loved Festival in the week before Pride Day. If you can source acts, speakers and contributors to entertain, inform and educate our audiences then this is the role for you!
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What will I be doing?
- Organising and overseeing the management of all events during the Oxford Pride Festival week, excluding the main Parade Day event (in liaison with the Accessibility, Community, Fundraising & Sponsorship and Volunteer Officers).
- Liaising with local community groups, businesses and venues to arrange a diverse range of events that celebrate LGBTQIA+ life in Oxfordshire, and appeal to a variety of audiences (including family-friendly events).
- Contacting and liaising with acts, performers, and other external contacts to provide entertainment at Festival events.
- Gathering all the necessary information and materials in a timely manner for Festival events to be promoted in the Pride Guide (in liaison with the Creative and Communications Officers, and Directors).
- Sourcing suitable prizes for Festival week competitions (in liaison with the Fundraising & Sponsorship Officer and Directors).
What do I need?
Ability to work to deadlines and communicate effectively.
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
If you are applying for a role, please come to our meeting and tell us why you believe that this is the role for you - we'd love to hear from you!